File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 01, 2011 01:10 PM
    How can I decrypt my harddisk after updating to LION 10.7? Have PGP 10.2, but after updating to LION 10.7 I can't boot my MacBook Pro anylonger. The screen are Grey and with a "forbidden sign". i know I have to decrypt my harddisk, but how???

• 2.  RE: How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 01, 2011 01:57 PM

If you are not able to access the disk from another computer with PGP installed for the decryption, please see this Knowledge Base Article

• 3.  RE: How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 04, 2011 04:07 AM
    But Tom, the Knowledge Base Article are warning about this way: only for Leopard and Snow Leopard users. I am not able to burn a CD on my Mac if its special way burning cd's. Coupe you please make me a link to get the right decrypting file and explanation to Burns it for Mac, but on a Windows computer? Thanks in advance

• 4.  RE: How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 04, 2011 11:18 AM

I'll try seeking clarification on that warning.  I'm not sure if the emphasis should be on if using Leopard or Snow Leopard, you must be using PGP 10; or if it was in reference to not using any other OS version (since it was last updated well before Lion, it doesn't seem like this would the case).  The URL link for images does include the most recent 10.2.

• 5.  RE: How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 05, 2011 03:56 AM
    None of the xxxxxx.iso.cdr on the page was helpfull. My PGP ver. is 10.2 and OSX are Lion 10.7.1 I have burned All the different solutions in the page but without luck. :-(

• 6.  RE: How to decrypt PGP 10.2 after update to Mac OSX 10.7

Posted Sep 16, 2011 12:23 PM

you need to rename the file from iso.cdr to just .iso. I"m not sure why, but Apple Safari changes the file extension on this after downloading it.  If you change the filename to xxx.iso instead of xxx.iso.cdr then re-burn it, it should work.