Video Screencast Help

How to delete log records from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1?

Created: 02 Aug 2012 • Updated: 03 Aug 2012 | 6 comments
Alexander A. An's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi!

Is there ability to delete several log records from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 (Monitor>Logs>Risk log)?

I have read "Sweeping SEPM log data from the database manually" (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...), but i want just to delete several record (1,2 or 5, for example) without such complex works like in this article...

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

I don't want to delete quarantined files, but i want to delete log records itself.

It there such ability?

[STS]

Jackie007's picture

u can do the Setting for Logs to be Deleted Automatically from SEPM.

Go to Admin tab on the Left Panel of SEPM----->Select Servers(Bottom to Left Panel)------->Under View Servers Select Local Site(*******)------>Edit Site Properties------>Logs Settings/Database

Thanks....

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Check following locations.By default it keeps 60 days logs. You can modify it as per business requirement.

Chetan Savade
Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Thanks to all for your answers, but this is not what i need.

I know about automatic log deletion settings in manager via Site settings and via AV policy

But i need to manual on-demand delete several (not old) log records from entire log collection.

As i understand, i can't do this?

[STS]

Chetan Savade's picture

Yes, it's not possible.

Chetan Savade
Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

SOLUTION