Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Dec 23, 2014 02:53 PM

I have imported the installation folders into the Software Catalog (Software Import)

my command line is just setup.exe, i have my custom msp file inside of the updates folder.  My setup works if you do it manually and using the Microsoft Deployment Worbench (MDT) process, so i know the installation of Microsoft Office 2013 is correct.  However when i try to quick delivery with Altiris Symantec Console, the splash screen for Office 2013 installation comes up on the client workstation then disappears, then the installation prompts the user to restart the computer yet the installation fails and does not install Office 2013.

i have received different failure codes, still to no avail

<nobr>Failure message: </nobr> program install has failed with return code = 1073807364
    <nobr>Failure message: </nobr> program install has failed with return code = -2147024680

• 2.  RE: How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Dec 23, 2014 07:06 PM
    I found with Office 2010 that the initial splash screen is shown unless you have a config.xml file in the root of the folder (with setup.exe) with the fully silent option in it. I get rid of the config.xml file in the sub folder too. Maybe your config.xml file need the no reboot option set too. There should be a log file in c:\windows\temp with much better error info than the error messages you have or the temp folder of the user you are running the install as, if any.

• 3.  RE: How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Dec 24, 2014 11:45 AM

I tried that, now Altiris gives me a 1003 code error, below are the settings for my config.xml

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" /> -->

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <LIS SOURCELIST="\\server1\share\Office;\\server2\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />
            <Setting Id="REBOOT" Value="Really Suppress" />

<!-- <Command Path="%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

• 4.  RE: How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Dec 26, 2014 05:38 PM
    There should be a log file in c:\windows\temp with much better error info than the error messages you have or the temp folder of the user you are running the install as, if any.

• 5.  RE: How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Jan 06, 2015 07:43 AM

Hi,

2147024680 - means that software is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running (possible you try to install 64 bit software on 32 bit client)

Please note that if you are using x64 version of MS Office than the root installation folder will be MSOffice\x64 of MSOffice\x86 and steps above should be repeated for x64 installation as well.

1073807364 - reboot required, you shold reboot client computer before install.

please read next there is a guide how to install Office by using MD policy

Regards,
    Dmitri

• 6.  RE: How to deploy Office 2013

Posted Feb 13, 2015 06:50 PM
      |   view attached

Hi! 

I did it with Office 2010, once. The XML file can be omitted if you use the MSP file generated by Microsoft Office OCT. Anyway, I use them both and it worked.

Check the file attached. You may need to translate, coz it's in Spanish.

Attachment(s)