Video Screencast Help

How to download 10.1.1 after migrating from LEMS!?

Created: 06 Apr 2011 • Updated: 08 Apr 2011 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello!

How can I get FINALLY the link to download 10.1.1 ?!

Since a month already I am trying to do this... I was sent here from MySupport portal since "Customers with "Upgrade Assurance" are not entitled for phone-based technical support nor web-based through the MySupport portal. Customers will only be entitled to the free web-based support options of Technical Support Knowledge Base and the discussion forums." (That was an answer I received from Charity A. / Symantec Enterprise Customer Care Europe, Middle East and Africa - pretty nice, isn't it?)

After some questions I finally got an instruction how to get my license after migrating from PGP LEMS (all users can find this instruction below for their reference). BUT! At the download page the latest version for Mac OS dated at October 2010 and it's 10.0.2 (!!!). Even what I got from PGP auto-update is more fresh! 

How come you can't simply put the latest version of software to the download center when you are already aware that it's the only version which works with current stable release of Mac OS X!? Very very frustrating :(

BR,

A.

Here is the instruction how to get your key & download links (for outdated versions so far) after your account was migrated from PGP LEMS to Symantec Licensing (it's pretty tricky and I was not able to do it myself):

1. Navigate to the following URL: https://licensing.symantec.com
  2. Log in to your account (the email is the same you used for LEMS)
  3. Click Manage My Licenses 
  4. The next screen will show the ' Welcome to the License Management Home Page' page , click on the 'advance search' link that is located under the 'Search your License Catalog' portion.
  5. The next screen will show the 'Search License Catalog' page. Under Search By License Details portion click the first drop down menu and choose All License Keys. After that, click on the Search button.
  6. It will show the list of the products that you have registered. Click on the View Details link located at the right hand side of the product to view your license information.

NOTE: To download a software, kindly click "Get Software" link.

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sarah Mays's picture

I had access to current versions, then it was removed. i had to open another ticket with customer care to get it fixed.

Remind customer care that downloading software that you have purchased is not a technical issue.

SOLUTION
PGPStranger's picture

Dear Sarah,

Thanks for your advise. I've submitted another trouble ticket. We'll see how it goes, I'll keep everyone informed.

BR,

A.

PGPStranger's picture

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much. Finally I managed to get my update!

BR,

A.

trecammowry's picture

I'd really like to see this resolved across the board rather than "call customer care and  complain."  What's the status of the 10.1.1 Update?