How to encrypt folders and grant access to specific users
We have a web site where users uploads files to a file server for some kind of processing. The web server and the file server are separate windows server 2008 machines.
On the file server, we need to keep the files encrypted. I looked at the tool Symantec Encryption Desktop which seems to suit our requirement
I tried the following:
1. Create keypair for the myself so that I can view the files.
2. Dragged and Dropped a shared folder for encryption
3. Granted access to myself.
If I view try to open any files inside the folder, it opens fine but does not work for other users even though they have access to the shared folder. This is perfectly fine as it was only me who had access to the encrypted content.
But I am unable to find information on how to grant access to specific users.
1. Should the other users who need access also install the Encryption Desktop software
2. If the other user creates his own keypair, how can I grant access to that user?