Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html

Posted Jul 04, 2011 08:58 AM
      |   view attached

Good day.

Have one site with SQL database 2005 and two SEPM servers installed.

First server works perfect, but second generates errors:

1 Июль2011 г. 8:35:12 MSD: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\temp\index_1234567890.html (The system cannot find the file specified) [сайт: TEST_VESTADOM] [сервер: Z14-0099-VDRP]
    1 Июль2011 г. 8:35:11 MSD: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\temp\indexW.html (The system cannot find the file specified) [сайт: TEST_VESTADOM] [сервер: Z14-0099-VDRP]
    1 Июль2011 г. 8:35:10 MSD: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\temp\indexT.html (The system cannot find the file specified) [сайт: TEST_VESTADOM] [сервер: Z14-0099-VDRP]

Do those errors have one reason or reason is different?

I've tried to find a solution, but found out, that I need to connect servers to Internet, but that is not a good idea.

Why should i connect both managers if the database is the same? Can i use local live update server?

We switched both servers to local update. 1stserver got update correctly, but second one got an error of LUA with return code 1385.  The second server has SAV client and its LU version. Is that a reason?

Log file at attachment.

Attachment(s)

txt
    scm-server-0.txt   299 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 04, 2011 09:27 AM

Hello,

These messages generally indicate that the SEPM is not able to access current Symantec threat information over an Internet connection.  Here's the official article on the subject:

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager homepage displays the following error:"No data, ..." in "Security Response" box and Severe with failing to load up the INDEXW.html file status under the logs session when running a report for server activity. (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH97386)

Please let the forum know if this solved your issue or if there is anything additional we can do to help!

• 3.  RE: How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html

Posted Jul 04, 2011 09:41 AM

Thx, I saw that, but does internet connection need in any of SEPM configuration? No other solution with local update server or something like it is present? At this case both servers have same DB, why both required to connect for updates?

• 4.  RE: How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 04, 2011 11:34 AM

Hello,

I completely understand that the database is the same and the SEPM2 does not have the internet.

However, the Security Response Section on the Home page would always try to connect to Internet and this is Hardcoded.

You are facing this issue due to this Security Response Section on the SEPM2.

An IDEA has already been submitted. Check this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/management-servers-getting-security-response-data-another-management-server-rather-allowing-all

Hope you understand!!!!

• 5.  RE: How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html

Posted Jul 05, 2011 02:24 AM

Ok, thx.

Will it be changed at SEP 12 ?

• 6.  RE: How to fix errors with index_1234567890.html, indexW.html, indexT.html

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 05, 2011 05:53 AM

Hello,

The IDEA section does not speak anything about it.. 

After checking the SEP 12.1, I did not find anything where we could configure the Threatcon OR the Security Response Tab on the home Screen of SEP 12.1

Hope, the same would being worked upon in the upcoming versions.