Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  How to increase End Task Time out Value from 2160 Limite

Posted Jan 30, 2012 08:45 PM

I'm trying to increase the Delivery Task, End Task TimeOut Value default 5 to 2160 Minutes to 10000 Minutes. There was an article about increasing the limite by modifying the XML file (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO10380). However, I would like to do it for perminent change.

Can anyone advise on this. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: How to increase End Task Time out Value from 2160 Limite
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 06:54 AM

Hi MinAmung,

For Delivery tasks (for Package Delivery and for Quick Delivery tasks) this option can be changed in the advanced task options.

Default timout value can be managed for Managed Delivery Policies in the global setings (Settings -> Software -> Managed Delivery Settings). The "terminate after" setting (end task timout). Change it and it will be reflected on any new policies.

I suggest you to use MD policies for software delivery, or change "End task after" advanced setting manualy for each task.

• 3.  RE: How to increase End Task Time out Value from 2160 Limite

Posted Jan 31, 2012 09:27 PM

Hi Dmitri, thank you for your suggestion. Will the limit for "End Task" timeout still 2160? Is there a way to increase that value. I have tried this KB article (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO10380) and edit the value to 3000 but after importing back the XML file the limit is still went back to 2160.

What we are looking for is to use Delivery task not Managed Delivery to get the Task Schedule for more than 36 hours. Please advice on this. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Min

• 4.  RE: How to increase End Task Time out Value from 2160 Limite

Posted Jan 31, 2012 10:28 PM

Thanks Dmitri, as you suggested I will use MD to call the Task then modify the Task Run base on the Advanced Settings. The "Terminate After" settings is useful and it can modify up to 55 days. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Min