Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

How to: Install ASDK 1.4.209 on NS v6 SP3 + R11?

Created: 14 Aug 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my Notification Server to R11 and want to install the ASDK 1.4.209.  My NS already has ASDK v1.4.108.  I already have the install file, Altiris_ASDK_1_4_209.exe.  Can anyone tell me how to get this done?  Do I need newer version of solutioncenter.dtd and solutioncenter.xml and instal via the Solution Center?

Thanks much,
Jim.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

EMercado's picture

Uninstall your old version from Add/Remove programs, and install the new ASDK.

Jim Kimball's picture

Thanks but it's the install I'm having trouble with.  How is that done?  When I look at Solution Center from the NS console I don't see sdk 1.4.209 listed as available to be installed.  Do I need updated solutioncenter.dtd and solutioncenter.xml files?  Or maybe the install doesn't ned the NS Solution Center.  I really don't know since there isn't documentaiton for the install.

Thanks much,

Jim.

TheSmiz's picture

Since you have the install file: Altiris_ASDK_1_4_209.exe,  execute it on the NS.

If you are using a different machine to use the ASDK compnents, you will need to install it there is well.

You will not see it in solution center for NS 6.

RS

SOLUTION
salty.dh's picture

Where can the rest of us download Altiris_ASDK_1_4_209.exe from?

The eval download is still 1.4 108.

Cheers,

Salty.

Jim Kimball's picture

There is a link for 1.4.209 when you read 44253 from the kb.

Jim. 

jharings's picture

Download ASDK 1.4.209

Jim Harings
HP Enterprise Services
1st Rule of Connect Club: Mark the post that helped you the most as a 'solution'. 2nd Rule of Connect Club:You must talk about Connect club.