Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

How to install BE 2010 SP3 w/o Internet Connection

Created: 20 Sep 2013 • Updated: 23 Sep 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I have a server running BE2010 without an internet connection, so LiveUpdate fails.  I need to install SP3.  Can someone point me to the instructions for installing a SP manually through LU?  If not, can I install it manually without using LU? Are there any issues with installing SP3 manually without LU?  I am asking, because I did see one thread where someone did a manual update of SP3 and BE2010 didn't see it.  

FYI - I am not eligible for Symantec support, so callnig them if I run into problems is not an option.

Thanks,

Linda 

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Donald Eady's picture

you can download SP3 at the link below... copy to the media server and install 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH203157

I hope this posting was helpful

SOLUTION
Linda Lounsbury's picture

I have the .exe file.  Do I just run the executable directly from the download directory or do I need to direct LU to the downloaded file?  I don't want to be in the situation the person in the post was in where he installed it manually then had to call support to get BE LU back to seeing the update.

Thanks,

Linda

Rahul Kumar1's picture

Linda,

You do not have to worry about SP3 installation. Download the SP3 file from the link which Donald shared and run the .exe file. It will update your Backup exec to 2010 SP3. After that you can check the same from Add/Remove programs by selectin view installed updates

Also make sure you push the update to the remote agents.

Thanks