how to know SEM5 SQL database password ?
I'm in the middle of installing and upgrading my SEPM into v12.1 however the SQL Server database authentication is asking for SEM5 password, since this was set by my predecessor, I have no idea what that is nor my managers know about it ?
can anyone show me how to retrieve or reset the SEM5 user SQL authentication ?
Please Try these Steps:If
Please Try these Steps:
If the password has been forgotten and needs to be reset you can use the Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- On the SQL server go to Start menu - Programs - Microsoft SQL Server - Enterprise Manager
- Expand the SQL Server Group, the correct SQL server (local) and then the Security section.
- Select Logins on the left hand side and then properties for the sem5 user account.
- Type in a new password. Do not do this on a SQL server currently in use by one or several SEPM servers as you would need to reconfigure the SEPM servers using the Management Server Configuration Wizard before being able to connect again.
NOTE: There are high chances that the reporting component may break on the SEPM, and you may have to run the Management Server Configuration Wizard...
If that does not work, high chances you may to end up in completely Uninstall of SEPM.
Please Let the Symantec Connect users know what happens on the same...
How to reset MSSQL user account password:
- Start\Programs\Microsoft SQL Server\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
Note for MSSQL 2005 go to Start\Programs\Microsoft SQL Server 2005\SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to Server window using "Windows Authentication"
- Navigate to the Logins object under the Security folder on the SQL Server you wish to administer.
- Right click on the user account you wish to change the password for and select Properties or simply double click on it.
- A new properties window will open. Enter a new password in the Password field under the Authentication options.
- Click OK.
If you are not Retrive Password check this artical.