How to minimize Network Data usage - Altiris CMS 7.1
We have a production enviornment for Altiris CMS 7.1 as follows:
- 1 NS
- 4 Site Servers
- 800 agents
This has been running for about a year now and 700 out of the 800 agents have been added in the last 5 months.
We have noticed a huge increment in the Network Data usage which is now reflected on the bill received from our ISP:
FROM OUR NETWORK TO CLIENT MACHINES
- Without Altiris running we use an average constant rate of 800kbps
- With Altiris running we use an average constant rate of 1.5Mbs
FROM CLIENT MACHINES TO OUR NETWORK
- Without Altiris running we use an average constant rate of 780kbps
- With Altiris running we use an average constant rate of 670kbps
The question is, how can I control this data usage from Altiris point of view? what NS task would be constantly sending traffic to the client machines causing the data usage to be duplicate? Reommendations on how to improve data usage?
I have made some configuration serever as follows:
- Destop Computers:
* Download new configuration every 1 day
* Upload basic inventory every 1 week
However, it doesn't seem to improve at all.
I appreciate any inputs