Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 25, 2009 10:35 PM
    Hello,
    I am missing the winpe-512 folder along with all of the contents.  Can you please advise how to go about creating this folder without having to reinstall Ghost.
    Thank you!

• 2.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 26, 2009 03:49 AM

Hi

Following post has a link to an article on how to refresh WinPE files from installation media.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-completely-uninstall-ghost-solution-suite

Krish

• 3.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 26, 2009 02:39 PM
    Hi Krish -
    Thank you, but when I go to the above link and click the URL at the bottom (i.e. http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/rollback-corrupt-winpe), I receive the following message: "You are not authorized to access this page."

I am logged in as my account when I try to access that page as well.

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:08 PM
    Hi Igor8000,

It is as simple as going and deleting two files: c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\symantec\ghost\template\common\winpe\sources\boot.wim and c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\symantec\ghost\template\common\winpe-512\sources\boot.wim. Once files are deleted you open the biggest CAB file and locate boot765276454.wim file (or some other funny mangled name). Copy this file to c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\symantec\ghost\template\common\winpe\sources folder. Then start Ghost boot wizard and wait until it says it's finished processing Winpe files - 30-40secs.

Cheers.

• 5.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:51 PM
    Hi Eugene
    Thank you for the help!
    I have completed those steps.  Unfortunately, this does not actually recreate the missing winpe-512 folder.

I am actually missing the entire winpe-512 folder and all of the contents.

When I open Boot Manager, the only file that appears there is winpe, whereas in the past two files would appear: winpe and winpe-512.

How can I restore the entire winpe-512 folder and all of its contents back to the directory? Right now there is only the winpe folder and no winpe-512, and I think I may need the additional drivers that exist in winpe-512.

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Mar 26, 2009 06:28 PM
    I dont know how yo uhave got rid of win-512 folder altogether but the only way to get it back is from the CAB file from installer. Then follow procedure for restoring WIM files described above.

Folder itself contains no drivers but contains other important metadata, which you will need to restore. WIM file contains drivers.

Cheers.

• 7.  RE: How to recreate winpe-512 folder along with all contents

Posted Apr 24, 2009 10:05 AM
    Hello Igor8000,

I ran into this problem as well.  I fixed it by repairing the installation. 

Go to add or remove programs>Symantec Ghost Console and Standard tools>Change>Modify>Ghost Boot Wizzard>this feature will not be available>next>add it back.

Eugene

I "got rid of it" by removing it from the boot wizzard while trouble shooting.  What I didn't know was that it completely deleted the folder, the above was the only way that I could get it back.

Hope this helps,