Video Screencast Help

How to restore data in Symantec System Recovery Disk 2013

Created: 08 Jul 2013 • Updated: 31 Jul 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi guys, Can you please help me step by step on how to restore data in Symantec System Recovery Disk 2013. I'm testing restoring via VMware. Much better if you could give me some snapshots. Thanks in advance.

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Have a look at this video: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/how...

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56FQHne5Tg

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Andy H.'s picture

You can also convert an existing backup file (.v2i or .iv2i) into a .VMX \ .VMDK file so you can open it up in VMWare without going through the restore process. The User's Guide lays out the process fairly clearly. If not, please reply with any questions you have.

Andy Horlacher

Please mark this thread as 'solved' if it answers your question

batmike23's picture

hi guys, could you please help me how to solve this problem, i'm restoring the driveC of my backed-up data using SSR2013 via VMWare, i've restored the filename of the EFI system reserved and the physical driveC on disk1, then i restart the machine but this message appear "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart" and i've done this also, i've restored only the filename of the physical driveC on disk1 and after restarting the machine, this message appears "Bootmgr is missing. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart". Is there something wrong with my procedures? Could you please help me what is the right procedure? Thanks in advance.

Are your questions answered now ?