Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

how to restore Symantec Backup Exec 2012 from Tape drive

Created: 03 Oct 2012 | 5 comments

Hello

We are using Dell TL2000 Tape library to store our backups on WORM tapes now i need to test my backup and want to restore it on different server or different hardware 

what is the procedure to restore backup which is taken on tape drive 

Thanks

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

SuperBrain's picture

There's a Restore button available on under Backup and Restore tab.

Clicking on that button will start the Restore Wizard.

This Wizard will guide you through the steps involved in performing the restore like Selection List, Job config, etc.

If you're planning to perform a disaster recovery see the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83015

mhussain@sbg.com.sa's picture

Hello Bhavik

Thanks for the reply but my problem is i need to restore this backup on a different server not on the same server ?

There is no option i can find to restore the backup on different hardware or different server

Larry Fine's picture

You can "redirect" the restore to a different location.  It is one of the options in the restore wizard.

If you find this is a solution for the thread, please mark it as such.

mhussain@sbg.com.sa's picture

Hello Larry.

Is there any step by step Document to redirect the Restore to different Server, Can you share this with me

im new to symantec

thanks

pkh's picture

In the Backup and Restore tab, click on the server that you have done your backup and then click on the Restore button on the button bar to start the Restore Wizard.

Select file restore

Click on Next and then select the backup and the files/folders that you want to restore

Next, select "To a different location" and browse to the location that you want to restore the files/folders to.

I would strongly suggest that you familiarlise yourself with the Admin Guide.  It can be found in the BE installation directory.