Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

how to run backup exec 2012 in mix mode

Created: 18 Oct 2012 • Updated: 20 Oct 2012 | 3 comments
roh234's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

i am in a very strange situtation,i have sold 1 backup exec media server with 2 agent one for sql and other one for window

now my customer is running there backup exec media server and sql server in workgroup envir and file server which is also domain controller is working in domin envirom,i have installed the agent in my file server it is showing in backup exec mediaserver, but when itry to seduled backupitgives me error of credi failed

now is there any way i can take the backup of my file server whichis also DC,while my backup exc media server isin work group

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

Why not just put the other 2 servers onto the domain? Problem solved...

Otherwise you need to do the following:

1. Create a user account as: Domain\Admin Account on your media server.

2. Edit the hosts file on the media server to allow resolution of IP address and name of the DC.

3. When trying to add the server, choose the user account created in #1.

Simply adding the 2 servers to the domain gets around this and you won't have an issue.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

SOLUTION
roh234's picture

thanks for reply

i cant add those 2 server ascustomer is not ready for it due to some application issue now on your solution

my back up server is in work group then how could i create a domain admin account on my media server at present what i have done i have created the a user with the same name and pasword and the user which i created on DC is alos made domin admin

it will be help full if you can provide me snap shot

CraigV's picture

...open up BE 2012 and add in a user as: DOMAIN\UserName

You also wouldn't create a user on a DC, certainly not locally...it would be a domain user, but it must be a Domain Admin at a minimum!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...