Video Screencast Help

How to tell why a client didn't get updated to SEP 12.1

Created: 30 Apr 2013 • Updated: 30 Apr 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have a list of 6 computers that needed to be upgraded. I setup a package to deploy starting right away and to take up to 7 days. It's been over the 7 days and three of the clients have been updated from 11 to 12.1 but the other three haven't. The sep install log on the machines are from 2012 when I upgraded them to 11 from 9.

I need to try to figure out why the three systems have not been updated. Where can I find the logs/info on if SEP manager tried to update the system and failed or why it failed? Or why it didn't try to push it out?

The 6 is an example but I have a bunch that have been the same way.

Thank you for any help/info.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

ᗺrian's picture

You need to enable sylink logging to see what is going on between client and SEPM

How to enable Sylink debugging for the Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x and 12.1 client in the Windows Registry

padding: 1px;padding-bottom: 3px ;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;">Article:TECH104758 padding: 1px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;"> |  padding: 0px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;">Created: 2008-01-18 padding: 1px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;"> |  padding: 1px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;">Updated: 2013-02-26 padding: 1px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;"> |  padding: 1px;font: 12px Arial; text-align: left;">Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104758

You can post the log here after it has went thru a few heartbeats

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION