Video Screencast Help

How to uninstall SEP 12.1 Unmanned client from MAC OSX 10.8

Created: 15 Feb 2013 • Updated: 21 Feb 2013 | 4 comments
vickyj's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I have installed SEP 12.1 Unmanaged client on MAC OSX and since then the computer performance has dipped down very badly. I am going through this article to uninstall the SEP 

How to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120

or this one 

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103489

I am wondering from where can I obtain - SymantecUninstaller.English.tgz 
The article says that the SymantecUninstaller is under : This file can be found on the installation media within the SEP_MAC folder
but I don't have any such folder in my system. I have dowloaded this package - Symantec Endpoint protection 12.1Ru2

Regards, 

Vicky j

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

If it is not on the install disc than I would place a call to support to get it

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
SebastianZ's picture

Symantec Uninstaller for MAC is included on the CD 2 Installation media for SEP 12.1 RU2->

Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.2_Part2_Tools_EN.exe

..if you downloaded only Part1 of the installer you need to download the second part2_tools as well

Have a look here for reference:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/what-tools-do-we-get-symantecendpointprotection1212part2toolsenexe-sep-121-ru2

sandra.g's picture

I think the issue is that Vicky only downloaded the installation file and the internal page from which he got it (he is a Symantec employee) does not provide the uninstaller.

Vicky, as far as I know, the RemoveSymantecMacFiles utility will uninstall from Mac OS X 10.8 correctly. You can get it from the web page you indicated above. Feel free to PM me with questions.

BTW the Symantec Uninstaller is also on the first disc ("Part1_Installation") in the \SEP_MAC\ folder. There is no need to also download Disc 2 just for that. Below is a screen shot of the directory from the 12.1 RU2 release--the preview image isn't very exciting to look at, sorry.

sandra

(...edited because I looked Vicky's profile picture more closely, and Vicky appears to be a "he"! My sincere apologies. )

SymantecUninstaller.png

Symantec, Senior Information Developer
Enterprise Security, Mobility, and Management - Endpoint Protection

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!

vickyj's picture

You are right, I have downloaded the installer file only and yes, I am an symantec employee. I don't have the  disk for the SEP. I will try to contact the SEP tech and let me check if they have the uninstaller tool. Thank you for the quick response :)

Thanks & regards,

Mr. Vicky D Jadhav

Tech Support Engineer– SEP 

Symantec Corporation - www.symantec.com