Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

How to Upgrade Brightmail Gateway (Appliance) 9.0.2 to 9.5 Version

Created: 07 Mar 2013 • Updated: 07 Mar 2013 | 2 comments
Parkar's picture

Hello;

We are in upgrade phase & need to upgrade the SBG appliances. the current version of software is 9.0.2-9 & we are entitle to free upgrade for 9.5 which is not latest to version 10.0 as we are not entitled for version 10.0.

Current Scenario:

Two 8380 SBG Appliances

I would appreciates you guys in help doing the upgrade process. i can see the version on the appliance & have few doubts as mentioned below.

- shall i upgrade to the direct 9.5?

- How i upgrade will effect the current configuration?

-What are the upgrade process?

-Do i need to click on Update tab in software & services window to upgrade to the latest?

-What if i exceeds to user mailbox limit compare to current 1000 licenses?

-How many maximum user mailbox supports on this devices.

Thanks 

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

TSE-JDavis's picture

I am not clear on why you feel that you are not entitled to version 10. Our software is licensed per seat no matter which version we have released. There is no reason not to go to version 10 unless your hardware is not supported.

It is best to upgrade straight to version 10. Performing incremental upgrades only increases the chances that one of those upgrades will fail and cause you to have to recover with an os restore.

Please read the release notes for the upgrade process and more information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Parkar's picture

thank you for reply;

Active support for SBG is expired, so we cross checked with symantec & they said you are only entitled for 9.5.