Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  HP 500B MT - weird issue connecting

Posted Jun 17, 2011 01:10 PM

Hello!

I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours yesterday, and now today as well, and I'm completely lost on where to go with it.

Throughout the organization, we have about 55 HP 500B MT's (most are from different leases from HP, each on 2 year leases).  Just recently purchased Ghost Solution Suite 2.5, and created the ideal image that we wanted to deploy out over the network.

I connected one of the most recent computers that we purchased (not leased for these 10), and after connecting through the PXE and SolarWinds TFTP Server, it brings up the Ghost Console on the client to be able to be imaged, though it doesn't have an IP address... fair enough, checked the device manager to get the network card to add the drivers to the Win-PE 512 settings.  Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, so went to Realtek's site to download the Windows 7 Professional 32bit drivers.  Downloaded, applied to the computer to make sure they worked (updated, everything worked fine).

Added to the Win PE 512, re-created a network boot (just in case) through the Ghost Wizard, and once it gets to Ghost Console, it still doesn't have an IP.

I grabbed one of the lease computers (leased on 2-20-11), which is the exact same model (HP 500B MT), and the same network card, and 1 of the 6 that I tried connected.

I've been trying to see if maybe the drivers I added aren't correct, and I've tried adding every kind of driver, and tried the universal drivers as well to see if that connects.  The other leases that we have (1-15-10) have an onboard nVidia card - seemed strange to me, but - that one did work, just had the universal settings.

I'm really confused on what I might be doing wrong, or if maybe I just completely added the wrong drivers, or anything along that line.  If anyone could help, that would be most appreciated!  Let me know if I didn't supply some of the information, or if there is anything else that I should add if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for your time,

Jerrod

• 2.  RE: HP 500B MT - weird issue connecting
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 17, 2011 03:56 PM

You need to use drivers that are appropriate for the version of WinPE that Ghost Solution Suite is using, and those happen to be VISTA 32 bit drivers. I'm guessing that your image is based on Win 7 Professional 32 bit, but you have to bear in mind that the machine boots to WinPE, and the operating system on the machine you are imaging is thus inactive during the imaging process, so the operating system version is quite immaterial.

If you are not able to get an IP address, then there is something not right with the drivers you are adding to WinPE. At the moment it would appear to be due to using WIn 7 drivers rather than Vista drivers, but if you find the same problem with the right Vista drivers added to WinPE (and selected before recreating the WinPE image), come back and let us know.

• 3.  RE: HP 500B MT - weird issue connecting

Posted Jun 17, 2011 05:00 PM

Hey EdT,

Thank you! I thought I had those applied in the Win-PE 512 settings, but guess I never did.

That worked perfectly though, so thank you :)

Jerrod