Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  HP 7800 DC Desktop WINPE Drivers

Posted Mar 03, 2010 08:59 AM
    Hi guys,

I want to use a WINPE ghost boot disk for my HP 7800 Systems but it won't work with the drivers that i've added to the list or the ones that were there in the first place, is there a certain version of the driver that is needed or something i need to do to customise it.

Managed to make a ghost boot disk with the PC DOS option that was fine (with an adjustment of added some extra lines in the AutoExec.bat File) but i wanted to run it with the WINPE option if i could.

Thanks
    James

• 2.  RE: HP 7800 DC Desktop WINPE Drivers
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 03, 2010 09:15 AM
     James,

The most important thing about adding drivers into WinPE is to note that you need Windows Vista 32bit drivers. This can be a little  confusing if you are not using Windows Vista, but the drivers are for the boot environment. The boot wizard allows the addition of drivers for other operating systems, but these are for a different feature of Ghost. Here is an article:

Why does Symantec Ghost need drivers for Windows Vista when imaging some other operating system?
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2009061216045160

Thank you,

Randy

• 3.  RE: HP 7800 DC Desktop WINPE Drivers

Posted Mar 04, 2010 06:03 AM
    Found some Vista Drivers and i got it working, Cheers Randy.

I'll have a good read through the documents when i get some free time.

James