Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Hp compaq 8100 elite drivers?

Posted Nov 25, 2010 12:22 PM

Im am having problems Ghosting the new HP8100 elite.

I have setup a Win2003 server (running on vmware) running
    DHCP DNS a 3com PXE and tftp server. I can network boot the HP D530 and it loads ghost
    and pulls down the image, no problem there. I am using Ghostcast Server 11.5 and winpe for the boot image

When I network boot the HP8100 i5 elite it will load ghost.exe but it will not find the ghostcast session. I have rebuilt the TCP/IP Network Boot Image a number of times with all the network drivers for XP, vista and win7 for the intel 82578dm network card.

I am using the switches -ja=sessionname -sure -rb

Has anybody had success in imageing this model pc?

• 2.  RE: Hp compaq 8100 elite drivers?

Posted Nov 25, 2010 07:20 PM

Since you mentioned that you added the necessary drivers,please check whether you have added the correct driver (note:vista 32 bit driver for WINPE) .When Ghost loads quit ghost and in the cmd window running in the background do an ipconfig to test the driver issue.Moving forward do a ping test if there is an ip.

• 3.  RE: Hp compaq 8100 elite drivers?

Posted Nov 26, 2010 07:31 AM

Hi,

I am not getting an IP address and cannot ping the server.

I have added the vista drivers from here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18718&ProdId=820&lang=eng

• 4.  RE: Hp compaq 8100 elite drivers?

Posted Nov 29, 2010 12:06 AM

Can you refresh the IP and get it?  using the ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew command?

If you get an error that no adapter is in a state permissable then the correct drivers are not loaded on the boot image.    

If you can renew the ip then it could be a dhcp timing issue or a switch speed negotiation issue and you can add a line to your start up that releases the ip and then requests a new ip to get around this while you determine what the delay is.

Cheers.

• 5.  RE: Hp compaq 8100 elite drivers?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2010 06:17 AM

Hi,

I thought it was the drivers alright but couldnt get one from the Intel site to work.

I found the correct ones here https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/latest-vista-version-drivers-use-gss and everything is working now.