Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

HP NC362i WinPE Drivers?

Created: 20 Jul 2011 | 5 comments

Looking around for these and not getting anywhere. Have 3 DL165 G7 servers I want to take base images of and I so far am having no luck. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks In Advance

Sean

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Can you plug in a supported NIC ?

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

shuxclams's picture

I actually don't think there is room in these for another card. The NC362i is/are the dual-port integrated NIC ports. I have also in these a dual-port NC382T that handles iSCSI, and I havent found drivers for those either and don't think I will since they are a little more complicated devices.

I havent gone through all of the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit's yet and am not sure if the NC362i is in any of these.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/core-management-100.html

Was hoping someone had done this already. ;-)

Sean

Dpak D's picture

Vista drivers are not available for the NIC and also you might get an error "could not import drivers " when  you try to add 2003 drivers as vista under boot wizard(WINPE 2.0) .Try a different version of WINPE or go with local imaging.

shuxclams's picture

UPDATE: Found drivers for the NC382T, seem to be WINPE 2.1 but regardless. Managed to add them to the boot drive and was able to create an image using a bootable USB drive. Added the remote client manually and was also able to create an image that way. Do try the Scritping toolkits for drivers...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/core-management-100.html

As for the NC362i NIC's, I hope that the WinPE version used for Ghost gets updated soon along with the drivers AND the Client Migration Templates..... Getting a little old now.

Sean

EdT's picture

The work on Ghost 3 came to an end when Symantec laid off the developers. There is some low level patching activity but I very much doubt we will see any major upgrades of this product in the forseeable future.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.