Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

HP T510 Thin Client Problems and Drivers

Created: 14 Aug 2012 | 3 comments

I am using DS 6.9 SP1 - Unfortunately no plans to upgrade, I would upgrade tomorrow if I could.

Basically this unit is using a VIA VX900 Chipset, Previously we were using the linux boot image for all our distribution, nice and fast, Unfortunately I've not been able to find any SATA drivers for linux for this unit yet. So that has left us with the option of moving over to a WinPE 2.1 boot image, Created the image and added in all the necessary drivers, NET and SATA.

Problem: After adding the drivers to the database the driver count never seems to update, although it will allow addition but just never gives an error or extra entry on the list of drivers. Any ideas?

In addition, has anyone managed to get WinPE 3 working on 6.9 yet, Would really help with the driver discovery.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

CB_24's picture

Apparently WinPE 3 isn't supported on DS 6.9, only 7.x

Indrek_K's picture

Hello

First sorry fr the offtopic but still.

WinP3 is not supported at the moment by 7.x

HOWTO55908

yogeshsadhu's picture

Can you provide the driver / link where the driver can be downloaded ,which your are adding to WinPE2.1 , So that i can try .

Also make sure the driver which are importing are Vista drivers as WinPE2.1 is Vista based .

Yogesh Sadhu.

If you feel your issue has been addressed,please use the "Mark as Solution" link for the relevant thread.