Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

http 500 error and no Home, monitor or reports

Created: 15 Jan 2008 • Updated: 23 May 2010 | 4 comments
Anonymous's picture
I was getting a http 500 error in the Home, Monitor and Reports.  Turns out that the ODBC login was set to integrated.  I changed the username to dba and it works!!!!
 
Scott

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

reefdweller's picture
Just did new attempt at installation with 11.0.1000 CD image.
Also have those 3 500'd.
Tried changing back and forth but no joy.  Did you set a password too?
Amir Mahook's picture
hi
 
Home, Monitor and reports are used IIS and Policy, Client And Admin use Java
 
so check your problem with IIS
 
try to remove the proxy or add the IP to be passing proxy



Message Edited by Amir Mahook on 02-26-2008 02:55 AM

kraeg's picture

hi!

We have the same problem here and it seems to be related to a php which tries to create a com-object in order to get access to the database.

On our server home, reports and monitor all give http 500 - internal server error and everytime we get the following entry in the event-log:

php[5780]; PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Failed to create COM object `ADODB.Connection': Ungültige Syntax
' in D:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Common\ado.php:21
Stack trace:
#0 D:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Common\ado.php(21): com->com('ADODB.Connectio...', NULL, 65001)
#1 D:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Common\connectdb.php(46): ado_.

I tried to change the dsn settings - but nothing helped so far.

Any help?

Thanks
Axel

jgallott's picture
I had the HTTP 500 error on home, monitor and reports.  I had Java 1.5.10, database would not test correctly, even though the database server was running and listening on port 2638.  Installed on Server 2003 R2.
 
After much hair-pulling, uninstalling and re-installing, and following all the settings changes outlined in the forums and Symantec help guides, here's what I did to get this to work:
 
1) I uninstalled everything (Java, Endpoint Protection Manager, IIS).  You need to delete the DSN in Data Sources (ODBC) before uninstalling Endpoint Protection Manager, or it won't uninstall.
 
2) Hunted Down Java 1.5.14 at Java.com and installed it (not sure how much of a difference this made).
 
3) Re-installed IIS.  Tested it first, at http://<server_ip>, got HTTP 401.1 error (authentication error).  Tore hair out following Microsoft's help on resolving 401.1 errors.  Forget about everything they suggest.  Turns out iusr_<server_name> account (anonymous access account) is created by default with 24/7 denied access.  Went into active directory, changed that to 24/7 allowed, error disappeared, default web page appeared.
 
4) Server is running IAS (RADIUS), but we are not going to run NAC, so not concerned about the conflict on port 1812.  Just in case, during the re-install of Endpoint Protection Manager I temporarily disabled IAS so install wouldn't squawk.
 
5) Re-installed Endpoint Protection Manager.  Restarted IAS.  SEPM starts up and works.
 
Testing the Database from the ODBC MMC, still get error, but SEPM seems to work anyway.  It's Friday afternoon, I'm quitting while I'm ahead for the week.
 
The Sophos rep tried to warn me about the headaches setting up SEP 11.0, but I put them down as simply sales talk.  Beginning to think I should have listened to him.  Huge chunks of three days in a row, and I'm essentially now only partly begun.