File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  HTTP Status 500- Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

Posted Jul 08, 2014 05:36 PM
      |   view attached

since upgrading to the latest PUP (3.3.2 MP2 (Build 15413) our clients are plagued by this error screen when signing in. It appears randomly. I cannot cause it to happen for trouble shooting. Users will sign in and have access to their Inboxes in the AM  but not in the PM, or maybe so, it is random.

Symmantec needs to generate a hotfix NOW, this is very disruptive.

Has anyone a workaround? I saw this happen once and refreshing the page got past it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

entire page is:

"HTP Status 500 - Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

type Exception report

message Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

description The server encounterd an internal eror that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat logs.

Apache Tomcat"

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: HTTP Status 500- Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

Posted Jul 08, 2014 06:56 PM

Hello Lysol,

Here is the link to an article for this Bug.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH215596

Symantec is working on a fix for this issue but it will take some time.  IF you subscribe to this article you will be notified by e-mail of when there is an update for this issue.

Thanks

Anthony

• 3.  RE: HTTP Status 500- Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

Posted Jul 09, 2014 09:50 AM

Has testing indicated any work arounds for the client signing in? I cannot trigger the error so I have seenit once briefly. Does the browser make a difference? IE, FIrefox or Chrome?

• 4.  RE: HTTP Status 500- Cannot call sendRedirect() after the response has been committed

Posted Jul 09, 2014 12:10 PM

Hello Lysol,

The browser doesn't make any difference.  The workaround is to try and login at a later time.

Thanks

Anthony