**** Moved to new discussion from: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/issue-vnb by MvdB ****
I keep reading your blogs for couple of weeks and were very useful... I am in a situation where I am not able to resolve netbackups for the VMware machines....
Here is the brief summary of my setup.
All together we've four machines as catagorized below.
1) Unix machine hosting solaris 10 and serves as veritas Netbackup master server Ver 7.5
2) Storage Tek 48 Tape library
3) Netapp filer
4) Windows 2008 server with Netbackup client which acts as a proxy server for ESX hosts.
5) Two ESX hosts hosting 40 VMs each
All the above servers are connected through FC to brocade FC switch.
6) Few unix clients connected through LAN
My concern is I need to fire backups over the SAN so that the VMs get backedup on Tapes.For this to work I've configured the following....
I've created two LUNS of size 4TB each on NetApp and presented them to windows 2008 machine. These LUNS are configured as datastores on the ESX hosts for the VMs.
configuration at Netapp side..
a) Created initiator group with windows and one ESX host.
b) Created another initiator group with windows and other ESX host.
Please help me how to troubleshoot this issue I've all the necessary Licences in place..
Attached the screen shot of my environment..
Much appreciated for quick response...