Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  I can not deploy windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit OS and also windows server 2008 r2 64-bit

Posted May 12, 2011 11:43 AM

Can someone help me!!!

I can not install SEP using Find Unmanaged Computer. It can find the name of the computer and it will let me start installed but i get error. Deployment Status Failed. I can not install on windows 7 32 or 64 bit. But i can installed XP fine with out a problem.

Im running 11.0.6 mp2 SEPM and on Windows Server 2008 r2 64-bit, I also disable all the Firewall. Should i I try to update  11.0.6 mp3 to fixed this issue or I will have the same problem.

• 2.  RE: I can not deploy windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit OS and also windows server 2008 r2 64-bit

Posted May 13, 2011 10:37 AM

Please see this KB -

Unable to install SEP client on Windows 7 from Windows 2008 R2 server by using the Find Unmanaged Computers in a Domain.

http://bit.ly/ksKlJG

Moving this thread to the Endpoint Protection forum.

• 3.  RE: I can not deploy windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit OS and also windows server 2008 r2 64-bit

Posted May 13, 2011 10:45 AM

• 4.  RE: I can not deploy windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit OS and also windows server 2008 r2 64-bit

Trusted Advisor
    Posted May 13, 2011 11:09 AM

Hello,

This is Caused when you logon to the a machine as administrator the SEPM runs using the local system account. In the Windows Server 2008 r2 if you try to deploy any SEP package using local system account from SEPM ,it will not have the access to Remote registry of the client and you will get "Access denied" which can be seen in the logs. Therefore running the SEPM using the Administrator Credentials for SEPM services manually will give access to the remote registry of the client.

Try these steps:

1. Open services.msc and go to properties of the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" Service

2. Click on the Logon tab and click on "This account"

3. Enter the Administrator credentials

4.Click on OK and restart the SEPM service

5. Now login to the SEPM console and Deploy it using the "Find Unmanaged computers" and it will be successful.