Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

• 1.  I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 05:12 AM

Hi,

I have sep 11.0.5 10 users license pack and i had upgrade it to 12.1.1 but i cant add that license file into SEP 12.1.2  server. How can i add that license file? please reply me. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 05:16 AM

Hi,

Did you upgrade your license ?

How to upgrade your SEP11 license to SEP12 online

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-upgrade-your-sep11-license-sep12-online

• 3.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 05:23 AM

Hi,

yes and it give me new .slf file but when go to add it its does not allow me to click on option next for actvating it.

• 4.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 05:26 AM

Check this artical how to activate

Activating your new or renewed Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 product license

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO55294

• 5.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 06:30 AM

Hi 

sorry my mistake. I have symantec endpoint protection 11.0 10 users pack then i upgrade it to 12.1. I want to add in SEp small business edition 12.1.2. How can i do this? Reply. Sorry once again. I apologize for this.

• 6.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 01, 2013 06:34 AM

Check In SBE edition

Activating or importing your Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1 product license

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO81423

• 7.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 04:54 AM

I had done all steps but does not help to me. Please help me.

• 8.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 04:59 AM

hello,

What error do you have received it ?

Could you please share Error Screen shot ?

As per artical

Activating or importing your Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1 product license

Article:HOWTO81423  |  Created: 2012-10-25  |  Updated: 2012-10-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81423

1. In the License Activation Wizard, select Activate a new license, and then click Next. If you do not see this panel, continue to the next step.

1. On the License Activation panel, select the option that matches your situation, and then click Next.
      2. The following table describes each option:
      1. Option

Description

I have a serial number

You may receive a license serial number when you or your Symantec Partner purchased the license. If you have a license serial number, select this option.

If you are an eFlex (Symantec Enterprise Options) customer and have an eFlex-generated serial number, select I have a Symantec License File.

I have a Symantec License File (.slf)

In most cases, a Symantec license file (.slf file) is sent to you in an email from Symantec shortly after you complete the purchase process. The file arrives attached to the notification email as a .zip file. If you have received a .slf file, select this option.

Note:

You must extract the .slf file from the .zip file before you can use it to activate your product license.

Warning:

The .slf file contains the information that is unique to your license. To avoid corrupting the license file, do not alter its contents. You may copy the file for your records.

1. You can find information about eFlex at the following URL:
      1. Do one of the following tasks based on the selection that you made in the previous step:
      1. If you selected I have a serial number, enter the serial number, and then click Submit. Review the information about the license you added, and then click Next.

• If you selected I have a Symantec License File (.slf), click Add File. Browse to and select the .slf file you extracted from the .zip file that was attached to your Symantec notification email. Click Open, and then click Next.

1. Enter information about your technical contacts and primary contacts, and about your company. Click to acknowledge the disclosure statement, and then click Submit.

If you provided this information when you purchased your license, this panel does not display.

2. Click Finish.

You can also view a video walkthrough of Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition.

To view the video walkthrough

1. Go to http://go.symantec.com/education_septc.

2. On the linked page, click Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.

3. On the expanded list, click Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: How to Activate the License.

• 9.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 05:05 AM

You had SEP 11.0 Enterprise edition or Small business Edition?

Are you trying to use the Enterprise edition license with SME 12.1?

Register your license first and then use it , follow this document

How to upgrade your Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 license to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 online

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO56030

• 10.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:06 AM

ok Thanks and Now what can i should do now sir, Please help me. Is there any way to update it on existing license.

• 11.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:06 AM

Thats what i was referring to You cannot use SEP 11.0 Enterprise edition license to Small business license.

Your M737 serial number corresponds to Symantec endpoint enterprise edition

Your serial M3851 corresponds to your small business edition...

You should select M3851 not M737.

try this and let me know

• 12.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:10 AM

Means i didnot get u sir. Tell me steps how to do that sir.

• 13.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:23 AM

Please delete the screen shot as it has serial number.. :)

• 14.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:26 AM

serial key M737XXXXX3 is for Symantec endpoint protection. It will not work on SMB edition.

Have you followed this step?

How to upgrade your Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 license to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 online

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO56030

• 15.  RE: I have 1 symantec license pack of 10 users but i cannot add it on SEP 12.1.2

Posted Mar 06, 2013 06:30 AM

Hi i had upgrade from 11.05 to 12.1 but it stills gives me error to add license. 

I have attached error and please check it.