Deployment Solution

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

• 1.  I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted May 10, 2010 06:12 AM
    What can I do? I have tryied everything. Can somebody help me? I have Fujitsu E 780 laptop and i try to get it to WINPE...

INTEL 82577LM is nerwork card. 

• 2.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted May 10, 2010 04:09 PM

We just got in some Dell Latitude E6510's with this Intel 82577LM NIC's and can't seem to get these cards to initialize. Tried adding the drivers from Intel directly as well. Not getting anywhere with this.

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 (11.5.1.2266)

Help please

• 3.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted May 10, 2010 04:54 PM
    I may have run across something similar while building a WinPE disc using Deployment Solution. DS uses v2.1 of  WinPE which is based on Vista, so you need to use a Vista version of the driver. When the drivers are downloaded from Intel or an OEM, there are three folders:

NDIS5 - XP & Windows Server 2003
    NDIS61 - Vista and Windows Server 2008
    NDIS62 - Windows 7

Hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted May 11, 2010 02:14 AM
    NDIS61 , okey I have tried XP and Windows 7 drivers, (accidentally)
    but I knew this Vista driver what I was trying to but there. How those drivers can go so fu..cross...
    This helps a lot
    NDIS5 - XP & Windows Server 2003
    NDIS61 - Vista and Windows Server 2008
    NDIS62 - Windows 7
    cause there is all ready four or six directories with win32 subdirectories etc... and a lot of inf files to explore and find the keyword 82577LM
    Thank you...

• 5.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted May 20, 2010 05:53 PM
    I used the Vista drivers to update my PXE boot for the 82577LM in the Elitebook 8440p and 2540p.

e1k*.inf's are the ones you need.

• 6.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 03, 2010 12:54 PM
    I got the nic drivers to work, but can't get the sata drivers to see the hard drive - how did you get that to work?

• 7.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 04, 2010 02:26 AM
    Jebba,

You can add SATA drivers just like you add NIC drivers. It is actually the same place you do it as it doesn't matter if it is NIC or storage drivers you add.

• 8.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 08, 2010 12:41 PM
    Anyone have the Mass storage drivers that worked for them?

Thanks

• 9.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 09, 2010 02:40 AM
    Jebba,

How and which OS are you trying to deploy? In case it is Vista, I have seen problems (during unattended installation) where not even a Vista CD would install on the computer. (Have you tried manuel installation and how did that go?). The solution was to make a small change in the BIOS of the computer. You might have someting called SATA Native mode (or something like that) that is enabled, what happens if you disable it?

Ohh, and it might be a good idea to open a new thread with a new subject instead of using another persons thread wink

• 10.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 14, 2010 12:07 PM
    I have also tried a bunch of things with the E6410 and E6510. I have added the vista drivers for network and sata, only the AHCI seemed to pickup on the 6410 while the iastor is still not working right. I am also having hit or miss success as ive imaged 2 of each, both of the initial models working fine and now not working.

For anyone that has done this succesfully for either AHCI or ATA, what exact drivers did you add and where did you get them?

PS: anyone have issues with the newer dell bioses and PXE? Seems like they werent working and are now very hit or miss.

• 11.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 14, 2010 12:37 PM
    I got my AHCI drivers directly from Intel.  We have Lenovos and they started shipping with ICH10D and didnt work correctly until we had the new drivers installed in Windows.  Try getting them and adding them to Ghost.  Remember, you want the Vista version since GSS 2.5.1 uses the PE2.0 (Vista) environment.

• 12.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 14, 2010 01:28 PM
    I am currently using rdeploy and PE so im on Vista 2.1. I grabbed the PreOS drivers from dell but having no luck with the IDE drivers, the AHCI works nicely BUT the image doest support AHCI. I am stuck now trying to figure out how to inject the AHCI into the image for the new chipset. Trying to convert my ICH10 AHCI inject to this one.

• 13.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 14, 2010 01:41 PM
    Looks like if I get the PreOS drivers from dell they come with the usual iaAHCI and the iaStor.

If i run a tap under AHCI Mode I get the following device

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F
    This entry is in the iaAHCI.inf for the PreOS Drivers

If I run tap under Legacy IDE Mode I get this device

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2D
    This Entry ISNT in the iaStor.inf file

This is why I think adding the iaStor for the 6410 isnt working for me but is for the AHCI.

I wish i understood inf files a bit better to just manually edit. Ill have to poke around.

• 14.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 15, 2010 05:49 AM
    Hi s0n,

We've been having really bad PXE performance from these machines. The TFTP code in the firmware does not appear to like our environment and times out. Sometimes we can't even get a PXE boot menu too.

All our other computers are still working OK, so we know the problem is islolated to the E6410. There was an urgent patch to the firmware to get from A01 to A01.1, and from there you can upgrade to A03, but this made things worse for us.

Are these the same things you are seeing?

• 15.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 15, 2010 10:30 AM
    I am seeing exactly the same issue currently now with the E6410, the upgrade to A03 has slowed down my tftp boot times AND my pxe. I would say every 1/5 times I actually get a PXE reply.

Sorry I didnt reply faster, missed over this. The new laptops have caused me tons of problems with network and SATA.

• 16.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 15, 2010 03:27 PM
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/adding-intel-matrix-drivers-your-xp-image-ahci-sata-support

Use the intel link to get the drivers, but make sure if you are adding them for PE to use the Vista OS, not XP (you can click clear and reselect Vista 32 under Operating System).

• 17.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 15, 2010 04:00 PM
    Whats funny is I was going to msg YOU exactly(I think) on another forum today because i was grasping at straws with this issue and I know you wrote the original  AHCI injection article. These are the drivers I downloaded earlier that are identical to the DELL PreOS Drivers. The problem seems to be that these drivers, the iaStor.inf doesnt have the correct Hardware IDS for the system. I tried to manually enter some and match them up Buuuttt that ended up in a bluescreen, which is understandable.

If i add the AHCI drivers from this package, and put the computer into AHCI mode, it boots fine BUT my AHCI injection isnt working for these models as I dont know if they are the same as the ICH10, perhaps a newer version

• 18.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 16, 2010 05:47 AM
    This might not help too much for WinPE ony folk, but when I get a new model in I ferret the mass-storage device signature using Linux automation,

lspci -n | grep "0101" for IDE controllers
    lspci -n | grep "0104" for RAID controllers
    lspci -n | grep "0105" for ATA controllers
    lspci -n | grep "0106" for SATA controllers

Only one of these will give an output at anyone time, and you can get smart and use the cut command to get the vendor-ID and device-ID separately from the signature, and even use wlogevent to fire this up in a job to make the whole things completely 'hands-free'.

I find it simple, and neat.

• 19.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 16, 2010 05:53 AM
    Hi s0n (and anyone else with PXE boot  problems on the Dell E6410)

Dell Global appear to think I am the only one in the world with this problem. Could you make a case with Dell, and link it to mine? My case number for the PXE problems with this model is 817748085

Kind Regards,
    Ian./

• 20.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jun 16, 2010 02:10 PM
    Your IDE device isn't an Intel Matrix controller. It would appear this driver you need is actually part of the chipset. Extract your chipset for the model and see ibexide.inf, ibexid2.inf . I have no clue about Ibex Chipsets, but you could try adding this to WinPE.

You may be battling bleeding edge hardware at this point, I don't know. I have a bad feeling though, your XP image will not work even if you get WinPE to work. It's worth a shot.

EDIT: After reading a little about Ibex, you can probably add the driver for your chipset then the IDE controller should be seen with native XP drivers. Let me know how it goes.

• 21.  RE: I have tryied to add driver to Winpe... Intel 82577LM

Posted Jul 07, 2010 02:53 PM
    Have you had any luck on this one.  We are experiencing the same issue with the E6510 and E6410.  I have adjusted TFTP frame size with not much progress.  Getting these laptops to PXE has been a real pain.