Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

• 1.  i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:36 PM

and at the end after it updated the catalogs, i pressed next more than once, as it was stuck...and it blew through the last 1 or 2 dialog screens...

one of which said to make sure i installed something somewhere...thinking it might have been the endpoint client on the sepm server?

can someone from symantec tell me what it was warning me about...

• 2.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:47 PM

It does the schema update and adds the client packages.

It's basically a next, next, next type of install so you should be fine.

• 3.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Hello,

Check this Article:

Upgrade process from SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1 to SEP 12.1 RU2

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/upgrade-process-sep-121-ru1-mp1-sep-121-ru2

These are exactly the same steps for SEPM 12.1 RU3

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2013 01:04 PM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Symantec community.

What's the current status?

Q. one of which said to make sure i installed something somewhere...thinking it might have been the endpoint client on the sepm server?

--> If SEP client is installed then should see the yellow shield at the taskbar. Do you see that?

• 5.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 01:16 PM

Hey,

Proivde concrete info to understand an issue in more depth.

Doing an upgrade of SEPM or SEP client?

Did the second attmpt for it?

• 6.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:31 PM

nice complilation, but the last screen , after the successful server update screen isn't there. 

it may not matter, but i did read before it managed to flash off the screen ,that it wanted to make sure a client was installed somewhere, was it requring it to be installed on the sepm server itself?

• 7.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:36 PM

The SEP client does need to be installed on the SEPM as well.

The SEPM only manages the SEP clients, it does not provide any type of protection capabilities.

• 8.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:40 PM

this may be what it was....

just rememberd we've got a couple more of these in different offices, i'll just have them run through the upgrade and see what i missed there.

i'll post back here when i see what the message said...

thanks for your reply

• 9.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:43 PM

Maybe the LiveUpdate box

• 10.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 19, 2013 05:37 PM

ok, i ran through the setup on a 2nd sepm box.

the alert did say that the endpoint client needed to be installed on the sepm server....

thanks to all who replied...

moving on now.

• 11.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 20, 2013 08:10 AM

Hello,

Since, you are in planning and installation stage, check these articles which may assist you:

Getting up and running on Symantec Endpoint Protection for the first time

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO55274

Planning the installation http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO55061

Quick Access to Symantec Knowledgebase Articles of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/quick-access-symantec-knowledgebase-articles-symantec-endpoint-protection-121

Downloadable Guides in reference to the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/downloadable-guides-reference-symantec-endpoint-protection-121-ru2

and

SEPM 12.1 Fresh install with Embedded database - graphical overview

SEPM 12.1 Fresh install with SQL database - graphical overview

SEP 11.x to SEP 12.1 Upgrade process graphical overview

Hope that helps!!

• 12.  RE: i just installed the 12.1.3000 update to SEPM.......what did the last dialog box say?

Posted Aug 28, 2013 02:36 PM

Please update this thread.