I need your best practice recommandation!
Created: 31 Aug 2012 | 3 comments
For the very best of our current Prod. syetem, i need your best practice recommandation for the below:
- One Netbackup 7.1 Ent. Master Server/ Solaris
- Four Netbackup 7.1 Ent. Media Servers/ Windows 2008
Existing System Explanation
- All the Netbackup Master and Media servers are connected to a SAN switch With in same zone to a Sun Storage Tek SL500 TL.
- Two of the Windows Media Servers are Exchange Server 2010, The are configured as a media servers because we need to make the Media server write its own DAG GRT backup to SL500 TL.
- The other two Media servers are File servers, like the Exchange servers they are oprateing as Media servers becouse of the writing speed directly to the SL500 TL
- We are planning to include two new Linux servers running two node oracle RAC installed. The servers OS (Redhat linux) can see the SL500 TL through the SAN.
- Please recommand as a best practice to backup specially the new Oracle RAC servers, regarding the higher level design. Is it a best practice if we make one of the server in the Oracle RAC a media server so that it will directly write the data to tape?
- Also what do you think about the setup of the existing system.