Identify and locate computers not reporting to Altiris
I plan to create a workflow to identify and locate computers not reporting to the Altiris server within a given number of days. The following is a list of some of the activities I plan to automate. We are using the Symantec Management Agent and manual inventories to indicate a computer has reporting to the network.
Can you recommend the best approach to automate these tasks?
- Identify an asset that has not reported in the specified time.
- Send an email describing the issue including a link to a web form
- Web form for the end user to provide feedback
- Record the a record of any phone conversation notes
- End the workflow instance if resolved
- Escalate the workflow instance if it is not resolved after attempting to contact the end user
- Retain key data points for historical reporting