Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  IDM Error 1001 when indexing network resources

Posted Nov 28, 2012 03:58 AM

Hello

I need help with DLP issue. Just from the begining I have problems with data indexing in details for now I have 3 network shares which are indexing daily, IDM show error 1001: Cannot create index...

It's really strange becouse when I restart Vontu Manager service everything works for about 4 days after that I get this error and documents indexing just stops. I know that I can restart Vontu Manager service from time to time to make a simple workaround of this problem but it's still don't resolve this issue.

I check all permisions, correct network paths, documents on network shares and so on everything looks ok and indexing correctly as I said for about 4 days. I upgrade DLP to 11.5.1 MP1 becouse Symantec told me that should resolve problem becouse MP1 have some fixes but nothing changed. 

Really need help with that becouse I can't use DLP in production envirioment without IDM.

• 2.  RE: IDM Error 1001 when indexing network resources

Posted Nov 28, 2012 04:57 AM

Found in logs:

27 lis 2012 12:00:00,949- Thread: 36 INFO [com.vontu.directorycrawler.AbstractFileSystemCrawler] Checkpoint = , Skip Next = false

27 lis 2012 12:00:00,949- Thread: 34 SEVERE [com.vontu.profiles.manager.InfoSourceIndexCreator] Error during document indexing

Cause:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThread)

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThread)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThread)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexCreator.createCrawler(DocumentSourceIndexCreator.java:495)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexCreator.createCrawler(DocumentSourceIndexCreator.java:521)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexCreator.doIndex(DocumentSourceIndexCreator.java:149)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexCreator.indexInfoSourceOnManager(DocumentSourceIndexCreator.java:124)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.InfoSourceIndexCreator.indexListOfDataSources(InfoSourceIndexCreator.java:137)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexJob.index(DocumentSourceIndexJob.java:9)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.InfoSourceIndexJob.execute(InfoSourceIndexJob.java:46)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:543)

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThread)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.shutdown(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1094)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$DelegatedExecutorService.shutdown(Executors.java:591)

at com.vontu.discover.crawler.AbstractCrawler.startCrawlerThread(AbstractCrawler.java:147)

at com.vontu.discover.crawler.AbstractCrawler.start(AbstractCrawler.java:138)

at com.vontu.discover.crawler.AbstractCrawler.start(AbstractCrawler.java:123)

at com.vontu.directorycrawler.ProfilerFileSystemCrawler.start(ProfilerFileSystemCrawler.java:59)

at com.vontu.profiles.manager.document.DocumentSourceIndexCreator.createCrawler(DocumentSourceIndexCreator.java:485)

... 8 more

• 3.  RE: IDM Error 1001 when indexing network resources

Posted Dec 11, 2012 03:43 AM

Hi Rafix,

The workaround for this issue is to use the shared directory method for indexing the files for IDMs with filenames containing non-ASCII characters instead of uploading the files via the Browse button.  Using the "Use Remote SMB Share" option to point to the file you wish to index should allow IDMs to be created regardless of the filename language.

See:

1498957 IDM indexing fails when the document archive (zip) contains non-ascii filenames in encodings other that UTF-8
    1499768 Users need to be warned against uploading ZIP archive containing Non- ASCII filenames for IDM indexing.

• 4.  RE: IDM Error 1001 when indexing network resources

Posted Jan 18, 2013 10:02 AM

Hello

So problem was coused by something else. I thought that it would be something about filenames and so ob but in long investigation we discover that Oracle RMAN autobackup task coused problem becouse it close the protect database for a while and after this operation Symantec DLP was unable to scan network resources.

We just disable it at all and problem disappear, I will create a short article about that. Maybe someone will have smillar issue and it would be helpfull.