IM Manager DB move to a new server
Hope someone can help.
My colleague and i wish to move our current IM Manager DB from an old SQL server to a new SQL server but we can't get Yahoo Messenger to work after the move.
1. Database successfully copied to new SQL server and permissioned
2. Symantec web page documentation followed - Stop services on old server using 'stop.bat' downloaded from symantec. Opened IM Manager Snap in and changed database configuration to point to the new server.
3. Opened IM Manager administration UI, under setting tab, changed database name to point to new server. Clicked submit, configuration successful
4. Restarted services using 'start.bat', again downloaded from symantec
5. Opened services and clicked on properties for 'IMLogRelayService'. Entered correct password for database under 'Log On' tab.
6. Yahoo Messenger will now not connect for either of us. Also, we need our conversations logged for compliance purposes
7. As soon as we point the database back at the old SQL server, Yahoo opens up and works fine
8. We don't use a proxy setting in yahoo
Any ideas? Hopefully i have covered every point i can remember