Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Importing Unix Assets into CCS 11.0

Posted May 02, 2013 02:25 PM

What is the best way to import Unix assets into CCS 11.0?  For testing, I created a csv file for the Unix import.  Sales told me there should be a better way to import the Unix systems, but they did not know what it was.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Importing Unix Assets into CCS 11.0

Posted May 06, 2013 03:43 PM

CSV seems to be the most common, unless you have your systems in an LDAP directory or you have an asset system with at least IP & Hostname in it.

• 3.  RE: Importing Unix Assets into CCS 11.0

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:24 AM

I have found that CSV is the best option for Unix, unless you are planning to deploy agents.   For Agentless, use the CSV and you will need to have as much information as possible when building this file.  After you import the Unix machines, you will need to add credentials and then need to run another Asset import and point to the existing Unix machine assets to be able to get the operating system details and other information not available in the CSV import.

• 4.  RE: Importing Unix Assets into CCS 11.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2013 05:33 AM

Hello,

Thank you for connecting us on Forums.

Alternative to CSV import, if you are evaluating agent based solution for your UNIX assets, then you may install the agents on the machines. You can register the agents with the CCS Manager of your choice and then import those by running the 'Fetch Registered Agents' job in CCS Console.

For more information and help please refer to the CCS 11.0 planning and deployment guide at http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5587

Hope this helps.