Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Inactive Smartasks when creating incident with a link in title

Created: 22 Oct 2012 | 5 comments

Hi,

i've noticed that smartask are inactive when you create an incident that has a link in the title for example:

"Need access to G:\Tools\Project" 

Only active functionality is "Add Comment".

Please check...

 

BR,

Lukasz

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Aryanos's picture

Unfortunately this is an issue when there are special characters in the title and it exceeds the character limit in the database column. Here's a few articles that will help you which requires making some changes on the database or in the workflow.

 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133412 
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133480
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154186
 

I like my beats fast and my bass down low

lucsz's picture

I've tested the: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154186 resolution

There's another issue comming with this KB: now if user inserts a letter from polish alphabet (combination of letter 'L' and right ALT:) it's replaced with " " (space)
 
BR,
Lukasz
Aryanos's picture

If you don't want to do the filtering then you can undo what you did and increase the values in the database tables for that column:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH133412

I like my beats fast and my bass down low

toomas's picture

 

Especially with a "special character" heavy language like Polish,  if you see the encoded characters in the database I would definitely recommend extending the fields.

Aryanos, the issue in TECH154186 is different from the field length issues. I believe most of these have been taken care of in the 7.1 SP2 Rollups (7.0 and 7.1 SP1 and earlier might still be problematic). The last one I remember was with the backslash in the end of Title still doing that.
 
With a little hindsight, the problem should actually be with the Smart Tasks being missing, essentially TECH183216.
lucsz's picture

I already have the Name field size set to max, so this does not solve the missing special characters issue..

:(

 

BR,

Lukasz