Video Screencast Help

Incident keeps throwing up a fatal exception error, how to fix/remove please?

Created: 29 Nov 2012 | 3 comments

Hi,

I am hoping someone could help me with an incident recorded in ServiceDesk that keeps throwing up a fatal exception error please?

The issue started while I was modifying the workflow to customise some email monitoring. Each test went through fine before this one, as have the following incidents, but whilst the incident concerned was in process our Servicedesk server was rebooted resulting in the constant exception messages for this incident since.

I can't see where this has failed and I don't think it has anything to do with my workflow modifications as newer incidents have processed without fail.

I have tried to raise an incident against it which fails and I have also tried to put it back into the workflow which also fails.

How can I fix this or even delete it please? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Message reported:

"An Exception has occured in the Incident Management process! Exception Component: End and Stop Process Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Exception StackTrace: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Object.GetType() at LogicBase.Core.Data.DataTypes.LinkReturnMappingDataTypeCollection.DoMapping(IData parentModelData, IData childModelData) at LogicBase.Components.Default.Process.AbstractLinkedModelComponent.ReturnFromLinkedModel(IData parentData, IData childData) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.EndComponentExecutionDelegate.Execute(IData data, IOrchestrationComponent component, String& outputPath, IExecutionEngine engine, TLExecutionContext context) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.AbstractExecutionEngine.RunComponent(TLExecutionContext context, IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp)"

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

jpellet2's picture

I have seen this happen from time to time. Usually happens to me more when I am modifying a workflow of a main process rather than something like email monitoring but it still happens. I don't know for sure but I always guessed that it had something to do with a change that was made that was not part of an original process which then caused the process to get confused with the particular item trying to pass through a workflow. I've also seen it happen if the server gets restarted at the exact point an item was being ingested. (Happens a little less so far in 7.5 as the processes are a bit faster).

You can close the ticket which will remove it from view and the processes through the DB with the following:

-- The following SQL script changes orphan tickets to Closed.
-- Before using, it is recommended to back up the ProcessManager database before proceeding.
 
--Note: Change the 'ReportProcessID' value to the processid (ticket number) you wish to close 
--For example, 'IM-000400'
--You mamy also change the text for close_code in the second block ro reflect why it was closed of you so desire.
 
USE ProcessManager
 
UPDATE [ProcessManager].[dbo].[ReportProcess]
   SET [Result] = 'Closed'
 WHERE ReportProcessID = 'IM-000400'
 
UPDATE [ProcessManager].[dbo].[ServiceDeskIncidentManagement]
   SET [close_code] = 'Closed Orphan'
 WHERE Process_ID = 'IM-000400'
 
 UPDATE [ProcessManager].[dbo].[Task]
   SET [IsCompleted] = '1'
 WHERE WFTaskNumberPrefix = 'IM-000400'