Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Incremental Backup fails with Final error: 0xe0001681 - Access is denied (Exchange restore)

Created: 13 Jun 2013 | 2 comments

First off:
Backup Exec 2012 v14.0 rev. 1798 (64bit)
Exchange 2010

The Errors:
Final error: 0xe0001681 - Access is denied (Exchange restore)
Final error category: Security Errors

Backup- \\NKADDEX01\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database 0445842452
Access denied to file Logs ( E000001BAB6.log - E000001BC9D.log ).
Error writing file data.
Error writing file data.
Error writing file data.

the above continues for a good long while

The Full backup runs on Friday nights, the incrementals run the rest of the days. The incrementals completed successfully every day since, until this morning. I checked credentials and every Test succedded. There is no restore job within the backup, so the Access is denied (Exchange restore) is a bit confusing.

What else can I check to get this back up and running?

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Clay,

Can you confirm that the account used for Exchange backups has proper rights on the C:\TEMP folder? Also ensure that the IMG folder where backups are taken is excluded from anti-virus scanning.

Thanks.

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

clay.beyer's picture

We use our domain admin account for the account that manages Backup Exec, this account has all access to the server. The IMG folders (I am assuming you mean the IMG**** folders under the BEData folder) are not apart of the Anti-Virus scanning software.