Incremental restore of a VM
I have problems restoring an incremental backup of a VM whereas restoring from a full VM backup works properly.
My configuration :
- Physical Server with FC LUN (datastores) attached
- 1TB for storage disk to backup VMDK
- VCenter 4.1
- Host VM Server configured with incrementals based on timestamp
- My testing VM have ctkEnabled = true and scsci:0:0.ctkEnabled = true
My Policy :
- I use my 1TB volume storage disk
- Type : FlashBackup-Windows
- BLIB activated
- Snapshot options :
- VM backup : Mapped full VM backup
- Transfer type : SAN
- Exclude unused and deleted blocks : enabled
- Schedules :
- Full backup
- Cumulative Incremental
What I can do :
- Backup a entire Windows VM with my policy (Full Backup)
- Backup a Windows VM with the same policy (Cumulative Incremental Backup)
- Restore a full backuped VM with "Virtual Machine Backups" mode, and "FlashBackup-Windows" policy type (from Full Backup)
- Restore only files in my VM with "Normal Backups" mode, and "FlashBackup-Windows" policy type
What I can't do :
- Restore a incremental backuped VM with "Virtual Machine Backups" mode, and "FlashBackup-Windows" policy type (from Incremental Backup). I expect to select my last full and incremental backup (like it works with files), but I can only select one line (Full or Incr).
When I launch Cumul Incr restore, I only have few modified files, but not the others from Full Backup, so I have a great "No operating system found" when it powered on !!
Is it possible to do this ?
(sorry for my english, french user here)