Video Screencast Help

INFO: Latest SEP Version Details and Language Availability (21-MAY-2009)

Created: 01 Feb 2008 • Updated: 09 Feb 2011 | 32 comments
Paul Murgatroyd's picture

The latest available version of Symantec Endpoint Protection is: SEP 11.0 Maintenance Release 4 Maintenance Patch 2

The latest version number is: 11.0.4202.75

The release note detailing fixes is here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security....

SEP is available for download from:

FileConnect: https://fileconnect.symantec.com (Serial No. required)
Platinum/BCS customers: https://www-secure.symantec.com/platinum/en/produc...
Client only patches: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads...

MR4 MP2 is currently available in: English

MR4 MP1a is currently avaialble in: Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Polish, Czech, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Comments 32 CommentsJump to latest comment

Maximilian's picture

This information used to be on the first page in the forum can you please put it back again? It should not be this difficult to find it.

dries_vb's picture

Agree, now I need to subsribe on the post because it won't stay on top as before...

Sandeep Cheema's picture

I would vote for this thread being right at the top like it used to be, and preferably as read only, It acts a better document then.

De facto when AV does something, it starts jumping up and down, waving its arms, and shouting...

"Hey!  I found a virus!  Look at me!  I'm soooo goooood!"

Boris Desonov's picture

It's very strange but now I don't see MR4 MP1a at the FileConnect...

Where can I get this patch for downloading?

Thanks.

ShadowsPapa's picture

I'd like to know how Paul accomplished this - from the topic list:

Posted 1 year 6 weeks ago by Paul Murgatroyd

Tejas Shah's picture

Can you suggest me how to upgrae my SEP and SEPM to a latest version.

I am under the impression that the liveupdate automatically updated the client EXE as well, when the new version is released. However, after seeking this article, I cheked on the version and it says

Version: 11.0.4000.2295

Tejas

Tejas Shah's picture

Please suggest how to find which version of SEP I have installed on my client. I would like to know the nomenclature.

e.g. Do I have MR3 or MR4?

Help --> About --> Version number 11.0.4014.26 does not seems to suggest that.

Tejas

Sandeep Cheema's picture

Release notes will tell you about that.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007121216360648
You are at MR4Mp1a which is good.

De facto when AV does something, it starts jumping up and down, waving its arms, and shouting...

"Hey!  I found a virus!  Look at me!  I'm soooo goooood!"

obnetadmin's picture

Is there a way to obtain the older builds of SEP (11.0.1,11.0.2) once upgraded to 11.0.4014.26? We have several thin client devices we are having issues with and the vendor says in testing those builds were stable with their hardware. I would need to import packages based on the older build so I can deploy them via the Migration and Deployment Wizard to the devices.

Maximilian's picture

On fileconnect.symantec.com you can only download the latest version.

On ftp.symantec.com you can only see patches, updates and tools.

I would guess that you need to get in contact with Tech Support to get hold of an older build.

Ajit Jha's picture

Check in the SEPM console---Clients----in the view select the appropriate

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

binayak's picture

Could you please tell me what are the new updates in the latest version?

saaviles's picture

I have SEP Manager - 11.0.4000.2295 which is MR4 with no patches I think - on a server without the client upgraded on the server (still the 10.1.7000 client on the server).  I want to upgrade the manager so I downloaded "SEP32_2295To26_clientMSPMSI.exe" from the FTP site and ran it on my server.  A pop-up box came up and finished on its own but it never upgraded the manager.  Do I have to download then entire package from Fileconnect to upgrade the manager ??  Thanks.

Knottyropes's picture

Yes you need to download the whole package for the manager to upgrade.
You only downloaded the client part.

lavi's picture

I setup SEPM  upgrade 11.0.4000.2295  to  11.0.4014,
check result: only 1 client in group (5pc) not upgrade.
check client system: in the event viewer, the application log event id: 13. This error was fixed with infos in forum, but client not upgrade.
please help!
(lavi168@gmail.com)

Steves396lt1's picture

SEMP isnt exactly a easy program to maintain, and upgrade. Why cant there be a one stop shop button, like live update, that automatically updates/patches your program?
I just  upgraded, and now it either is taking its sweet time, or the patch was wrong, as I went from 11/0/4010.19 to 11.0 MR4 MP1 (11.0.4010.19) to MR4 MP1a Client-only patch (32Bit). It now has two problems, email and Anti Virus protection. WHy?
After rebooting all is well, but it still states 11.0.4010.19. How do I know the patch was entered?

Steves396lt1's picture

Will my version show as 11.0.4014.26 when the patch is installed and rebooted?

Paul Murgatroyd's picture

only on on the client.  the SEPM will remain at 11.0.4010.19

Paul Murgatroyd
Principal Product Manager, Symantec Endpoint Protection
Endpoint twitter feed: http://twitter.com/symc_endpoint

Tejas Shah's picture

Why there is a complex numbering system to identify the version of the software? Human mind remember names easily than numbers.

ShadowsPapa's picture

Have you ever worked in:
Software development, developing applications, sites, etc?
Electronics - developing circuits or devices?
This versioning is standard industry fare. In fact, there's software that's used for development and version tracking.
Each change is assigned a number  - look at the number of builds or changes it takes to get where it is..............
If it wasn't for this, it would be a real mess for the developers and QA people to track software - and in case of issues or problems, find where the problem was introduced.
In beta testing, the spreadsheets that track reported bugs or issues are large, and often assigned numbers, and that is worked in with the software versioning.

Even our own in-house software being developed internally uses a similar system - and a version control software.
If they are ISO certified, this is indeed critical. And if you want the European market, you pretty much have to be ISO.

Ogre's picture

Hey Paul I'm sure you're about to do this, but please update your post with MR4 MP2 availability and information. Thanks!
For those wondering, MR4 MP2 = 11.0.4202 and it was released on 19th May.