Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Injstalled SEPM 12.1.3 RU3 (SBS package) and some clients not working

Posted Jun 24, 2013 04:44 AM

SBS 2008 I have just upgraded to the latest SEPM and A/V packages and the manager is pushing the A/V to clients. Some of our clients are showing as not connected to the server and are not working e.g. Outlook is not connecting and the server Console shows one "not connected". Can anyone advise if this is due to the new installation?

• 2.  RE: Injstalled SEPM 12.1.3 RU3 (SBS package) and some clients not working

Posted Jun 24, 2013 07:15 AM

If you open client GUI and go to Help >> Troubleshooting, what shows under Server?

• 3.  RE: Injstalled SEPM 12.1.3 RU3 (SBS package) and some clients not working

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 24, 2013 11:02 AM

Hello,

What OS are the clients in question running?

Make sure the UAC and Windows Firewall Services are stopped and Disabled.

Could you please upload us the Sylink.log from the client machine, so that we could understand the root cause of the issue.

Check the Article below on How to enable Sylink debugging for the Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x and 12.1 client in the Windows Registry?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104758

Are these client machines imaged / cloned machines?

If yes, sounds like it could be a possible duplicate HWID issue. I would follow the steps in the document below to identify any clients that my share a HWID.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163349

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: Injstalled SEPM 12.1.3 RU3 (SBS package) and some clients not working

Posted Jun 24, 2013 11:23 AM

I restarted the server and the client then came online so I cannot capture the details required now. Sorry had to get the boss's PC working! The problem seemed to happen when SEPM started to upgrade the clients A/V versions and only happened to those clients (at least one or two of them) which were connected via Ethernet cable (not our wireless clients). It also happened as far as I can make out if the user agreed to restart after client A/V asked for a restart. probably some read herrings there but its the best I can do for now. Otherwise things are settling down OK.