Inline upgrade of EV 8.0 SP4 into SP5
I'm about to do the upgrade of EV 8.0 SP4 into SP5, so I wonder what could be the best way to do it ?
Can I just double click the installation file and then follow on the guide ? and for the downtime to the users is that only during the installation.
Any kind of help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
It will probably require a
It will probably require a reboot so that may add to your down time
but honestly the service pack upgrade is really quick and easy, and its usually just a simple matter of..
1. Backup your databases
2. Run the installation binaries , next next finish
3. Restart the machine if prompted
4. Start the Admin and Directory service, await for the message saying that Directory upgrade complete
5. Start the Storage service, await for the message saying the storage upgrade is complete
6. then if you have multiple EV servers, go through and start the Admin, Directory and Storage service
7. The last service to complete the Storage (vault store) database upgrade, will then upgrade the finger print database
8. Once the fingerprint database is complete, you can then start the Task, Index and shopping services
After that, do some user tests, make sure that OWA works, Outlook works, the webpages work etc
If at any point you need to roll back, just reinstall the old service pack binaries, restore the databases and start the services