Video Screencast Help

Install Options and Licence Keys on this Media Server - Backup Exec 2010

Created: 05 Dec 2013 | 14 comments

Hi

I am struggling to install my licence key.

I type in the licence key then choose the features and then when i clcik install it says:

32-Bit Media Required

The current installation could not locate the required install media

Please select the path to the installation Media. This path will contain a file named Browser.exe

I don't know where to get this from please help

Operating Systems:

Comments 14 CommentsJump to latest comment

AmolB's picture

You need to give path of the MSI file which is located in the install directory.

In Backup Exec installables browse to   BE\WinNT\Install\BE32

FrancoisO's picture

Sorry but i am very new to this

I have looked under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec and i can't find such a folder

AmolB's picture

Its NOT under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec

You will have look for the Backup Exec (ISO) installation media from where you initiated the installation.

FrancoisO's picture

i don't know where that is.

I have taken over from a guy which is no longer with our company and i have no idea where all this was stored

FrancoisO's picture

I got the licence installed but now when i want to add the Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V it asks me for this:

32-Bit Media Required

The current installation could not locate the required install media

Please select the path to the installation Media. This path will contain a file named Browser.exe

AmolB's picture

If you are now aware of the location of installtion media than I would suggest you to download

BE installables. What version of BE2010 you are using, is it R1, R2 or R3?

pkh's picture

Instead of downloading R3, you should take the opportunity to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP3 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3 SP3, push out the remote agent again.

With the upgraded BE, you can use the ISO image above to install your new licence.
FrancoisO's picture

Ok so do i need to put this on a dvd first cause doing it from teh folder gives me the attached

AttachmentSize
Doc1.docx 431.89 KB
pkh's picture

1) You download the R3 ISO image from the link above, then burn it onto a DVD and install from the DVD.  You do NOT to the upgrade from the BE console.

2)  After the installation, leave the DVD in the DVD drive and then install your licence. 

3) Run LiveUpdate a couple of time to upgrade to SP3 and the latest fixes

4) Push out your remote agents again.

CraigV's picture

...burn to DVD or mount with an ISO mounting software app.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...