Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Install SEP 12.1.2 for Mac via Altiris

Created: 29 Nov 2012 | 1 comment

I am currently setting up a policy to install SEP 12.1.2 on Mac clients via Altiris. Before when I set up a policy to install SEP 12.1.1 on Mac clients I used the command line pkg-rollout -f SymantecEndpointProtection.zip (see attachment sep12.1.2script.png). Now when I try to use that same command line for the SEP 12.1.2 client package it does not work. I know that the installer package has changed in the new version and that there is no longer a .mpkg file but a .pkg file. Is there a command line that will work in Altiris to install SEP 12.1.2?

Thanks!

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Andrei Fedulin's picture

Hi,

Could you please clarify "doesn't work" statement? command line execution fails on client? If so can you post output of next command:

swdDir=`cat /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/var/policies/\{8BFB1A17-B46B-47AF-96BA-590D700D8A7F\}.xml | grep ExecuteSoftware | awk -F"\"" {'print $2'}`;cat /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/var/swd/$swdDir/swd-install.0.output.log

Just replace guid 8BFB1A17-B46B-47AF-96BA-590D700D8A7F  with your policy guid.

Thanks,

Andrei