Installation of SEP 12.1.3 on Server 2012
I have recently replaced a Server 2003 R2 server with a Server 2012 server. I am currently running SEP 12.1.1000.157 RU1 throughout my network. I have SEP Manager installed on a Server 2008 machine. I have SEP Client installed on various machines (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and Server 2008) throughout the organization.
I attempted to install SEP 12.1.1000.157 RU1 on the Server 2012 with absolutely no success. That is when I learned about SEP 12.1.3.
I went to the following location and entered my Serial Number (https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken)
I then selected the Enlish 12.1 option. This brought me to the list of available downloads for 12.1.3.
That list included the following downloads:
Naturally I downloaded everything.
Now, I cannot find any documentation which states which file I actually use and in what way. The download page mentions both Part1 and Part2 files, but does not discuss the remaining files. Nor do I understand how to utilize the files once they are extracted.
So my questions are as follows.
- I am currently running 12.1.1000.157 RU1 SEP Manager on a Server 2008 machine. All clients thus point to that machine and are running the same version. I wish to install a client on a Server 2012 machine and that appears to need to be 12.1.3. Do I need to upgrade my SEPM to 12.1.3?
- Will 12.1.3 even work with Server 2012? (Has anyone tested this? I know it states it, but I'm curious if there are any testimonies).
- If I need to upgrade my Manager, do I thusly need to upgrade all my clients?
- Which of the download files do I use to accomplish the upgrade of my Manager?
- Which of the download files do I use to accomplish the upgrade of my Client?
- In what order should I execute the files for installation/upgrade for Manager and Client?