Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Installed .slf license file in GSS 2.5.1, but licensed machine count in console remains the same.

• 1.  Installed .slf license file in GSS 2.5.1, but licensed machine count in console remains the same.

Posted Sep 15, 2011 03:03 PM

Hi everyone - just checking if there's an easy fix for this.

I am running GSS 11.5.1.2266 on a WinXP system with SP3 installed.  In terms of Ghosting, etc., the system is working fine.

I purchased an additional 10 licenses to bring my number of licensed machines from 35 up to 45.

I went through the console as usual to load the .slf file, and it seemed to be taken in with no problem.

However, my machine count is still at 35.  If I try to load the .slf file again, I get an error that it's already loaded?

Anyone know of a fairly painless way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

jd

• 2.  RE: Installed .slf license file in GSS 2.5.1, but licensed machine count in console remains the same.

Posted Sep 16, 2011 06:56 AM

Hello,

There should not be any issue to see the machine count to 45. Can you close console and re-open it and see the count shows proper?

If the problem still persist, please contact Symantec support.

• 3.  RE: Installed .slf license file in GSS 2.5.1, but licensed machine count in console remains the same.

Posted Sep 16, 2011 11:00 AM

delete the old license file from c:\Program files\common files\Symantec Shared\Licenses. Before deleting take a backup.

Then Register both the license file.

Hope this should work