Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Installing backup exec 2012

Created: 21 Apr 2013 | 2 comments

Hello everyone, I hope someone culd help me with this. I am trying to install backup exec on a server running SCCM 2012 where i am running Endpoint protection. I already have SQL2012 running and i wanted to create a new instance for backup exec 2012. What are the SQL features I need to install to run backup exec 2012?

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Gurvinder Rait's picture

By default BE Install its own SQL Instance. It shows up as SQL Server (BKUPEXEC). If you want to name it differently you can Install SQL with another Instance name from the BE 2012 DVD (BE-DVD-1798.17\BE\WinNT\Install\SQLExpress) You can run this exe and Install sql. SQl 2012 is not yet supported as a database repository for backup exec. refer Software compatibility list  for BE 2012 - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175581

Aaron.23's picture

Thank you. Since I have the 2012 install for Endpoing, I was hoping to use the same SQL and just install a new instance...ok i will install the defoult, hopefully it does not interfare with my SCCM.