Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Installing Endpoint Protection v11.0.6 MR1 on same server as VMware Virtual Center 2.5

Posted Aug 23, 2010 12:05 PM
    We are planning to roll out an upgrade from SAVCE 10.1 to SEP11.0.6 MR1. However the only server I have available to me is also running our VMware Virtual Center 2.5 software to manage our ESX servers. Will SEP11 play nice with VC, or will I need to change ports, use a database server that's not located located locally, etc..? VC is installed locally with a local database. All setting are default for VC, and we plan to roll out SEP11 with defaults as well. Any information would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Installing Endpoint Protection v11.0.6 MR1 on same server as VMware Virtual Center 2.5
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2010 12:28 PM
    SEP uses it's own database and not SQL Express, so there should be no conflict from a database perspective.

During the installation, it will check it's default port for a conflict, and change it if needed.

Ideally, as long as you meet the hardware requirements, it should be fine.  You can even virtualize the SEPM if you want/need to.

• 3.  RE: Installing Endpoint Protection v11.0.6 MR1 on same server as VMware Virtual Center 2.5

Posted Aug 23, 2010 12:30 PM
    You  can  install SEPM console amd  SEP client  on virtual machines without  any  issues...

You  may  refer to the following:

http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH95300&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1282580940646

• 4.  RE: Installing Endpoint Protection v11.0.6 MR1 on same server as VMware Virtual Center 2.5

Posted Aug 23, 2010 12:41 PM

That's great to hear!  Thanks for the quick responses.   smiley