Video Screencast Help

Installing Mail Security for Exchange on SBS2011

Created: 01 Oct 2012 | 1 comment

I will be setting up a new SBS2011 server for my client and I have used Symantec products since I've known. Ok, here is the issue I'm having. SBS2011 server is a 64bit OS. When I run the Setup.exe in the install folder the program installs 32bit version of Mail Security. I see there is a 64bit folder and 32bit folder. So I uninstalled the 32bit version and tried to install the 64bit version but I get a error: Saying the ASP.Net Web Extension 2.0 is not installed. I found a Symantec Knowledge base that dealt with this exact error and the solution was to use the Setup.exe in the install folder, because the system does not expect for the user to use the MSI. So my question is why can't I install the 64bit version of Mail Security on this 64bit system? Will the 32bit version work on a 64bit OS and if so, will it cause any problems? I can't afford any problems.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

TSE-JDavis's picture

Mail Security for Exchange is a 32-bit product. The 64-bit folder is just for the 64-bit DLLs needed to register with Exchange 2007 and higher. You need to use the setup.exe.