Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Installing Netbackup 6.5 on pa-risc hpux 11.31 server

Created: 03 Jul 2013 | 3 comments

Need help in getting the installics script for netbackup 6.5 on hpux 11.31 pa-risc rp3440 server. The netbackup 6.5 ICS media for hpux pa-risc supports hpux 11.23 and I'm running hpux 11.31. Any idea how I can move forward with the installation of master and media server? 

Appreciate your help/sugesstions. 

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

NO, NO,NO! Please! Find yourself hardware and software platform that is supported.

NBU 6.5 reached EOSL last year in Oct.
This means that you can no longer purchase 6.5 licenses or download the software from FileConnect.
Plus NO support if you should run into problems.

Please consult the OS compatibility guide: 

NetBackup 7 Operating System (CL) for Client,Server,Dedupe,OpsCenter,BMR,SAN Client,MSEO:    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

Master Compatibility List: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59978

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

backup6.5's picture

Thanks for your quick response. 

This was the setup on my personal workstation for netbackup practise. I had the NBU 6.5 media kit with license and thought of working on it.. 

So, it seems I cannot move fwd with 6.5 on hpux 11.31 and parisc server? 

Thanks

Nicolai's picture

Jump to NBU 7.5 - for the basic features I think the NBU 6.5 license key will work (but I am unsure of this).

11.31 on PA-RISC is only supported as media server (see page 19 on in the link Marianne provided).

But if it's under the desk system why not give the master server installation a try. 

Plse note HP-UX 11.31 requires the HP-UX September 2008 patch QPK1131 (B.11.31.0809.326) patch bundle.

Assumption is the mother of all mess ups.

If this post answered your'e qustion -  Please mark as a soloution.